Error during conversion

A place to ask questions and get help. Be the first on your block to post ...

Error during conversion

Postby caggens » Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:44 pm

I am encountering an error message that is preventing me from get started with the conversion.

I copied the new Templates folder into the root level folder as described in the conversion instructions, but when I go to Modify->Templates->Update Current Page, I get the following error message "Error accessing file ... "Templates:fixednosidebardwt":file not found (error code -43)"

What do you recommend?
caggens

Postby saltybeagle » Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:10 pm

Ahh yes, there are only two templates available now: Fixed and Liquid.

I've updated the documentation... but you first need to apply the fixed width template to the page to convert it from a fixednosidebar to a fixed template:
# Select Modify -> Templates -> Apply Template to Page
# Choose the fixed template from the list of templates
The documentation has been updated to reflect that, and hopefully get everyone onto the fixed template now:
http://ucommdev.unl.edu/webdev/wiki/ind ... umentation

Thanks for the note.
Brett Bieber
saltybeagle

Postby soni » Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:16 pm

Similar problem on our end...I followed the directions, copied the templates into my template folder with the others.

I was using the older liquid.dwt template. To try to convert, I selected:

#Modify -> Templates -> Apply Template to page
#Choose the liquid template from the list of templates (I even tried setting up to use the fixed template - no luck).

I get an error message saying

"Error accessing file "my directory\my folder\Templates\unlstandardtemplate.dwt":file not found (error code 2)

Although I can see the new templates in my folder (the same folder I created with the older version of the templates) and can open them seperate from the current file I'm working on, I can't get my page to update with the new template.

Is there an issue with us being off campus? (since I see "virtual" in the .dwt).

Thanks!!
soni

Postby soni » Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:09 am

You know all I have to do is ask a question and seems like I figure it out. I did create a mirror folder of ucomm and it works perfect (so far!!!). Thanks anyway
soni

Return to Help & Assistance