Browser Status Line

A place to ask questions and get help. Be the first on your block to post ...

Browser Status Line

Postby mmesarch1 » Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:47 am

HI,
I asked this before, but no one gave me any clues what might be wrong.
In the new templates, when you pass over a link the status bar of the browser should show where the link is going to go. It does for a split second and then disappears. This happens regardless if it is an internal link or a external link that will open a new browser window. However it does not happen in the template navigation section. Only in links that I created. I tried to showed what my tags look like, but this bulletin board strips out my html tags.

I am using Dreamweaver 8.0

The problem occurs when people are using IE ( I am using IE 6.029)
But when people use Firefox it does not seem to be the problem.
mmesarch1

Postby alvin_woon » Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:46 pm

it works for me. same IE version.
alvin_woon
Site Admin

IE patch

Postby mmesarch1 » Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:45 pm

I tracked down the problem. I went to several difference buildings on East Campus and tried to look at the new templates on different computers. Most times the status bar displayed the link properly.

Then I narrowed it down to only people who have computers serviced by our department. That included some people in Plant Industries and most of Hardin Hall.

It turns out that there is actually a service pak for IE that was different between the computers that did work properly and the ones that did not.

Our IT person said that he might upgrade to IE 7.0 on the computers that he services and that would solve the problem.
mmesarch1

Postby alvin_woon » Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:44 am

i wouldnt go IE 7.0 before it comes out of the beta wrapper.

The current template works in IE 7 beta2 (i believe). It's been a good few weeks since i last checked on IE7 and it was looking good back then.
alvin_woon
Site Admin

Postby nhummel » Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:00 pm

i wouldnt go IE 7.0 before it comes out of the beta wrapper.

The current template works in IE 7 beta2 (i believe). It's been a good few weeks since i last checked on IE7 and it was looking good back then.

I think they are on IE 7 rc 1 (at least, as of today.)

Ned
Ned W. Hummel
Department of Mathematics
nhummel

Return to Help & Assistance