Templates for Affiliates

A place to ask questions and get help. Be the first on your block to post ...

Postby caggens » Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:46 pm

Thanks for the link.

I guess I don't know how to reference my images in the affiliates.css file because it still isn't working correctly.

For the logo, the images are on the server and the path is correct on the affiliate.shtml page, but I still only get the alternate text.

Every time I redo it I get the same result. I am becoming very frustrated. What am I doing wrong?

www.unl.edu/AIA
caggens

Postby saltybeagle » Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:53 pm

Aha... it looks like a missing 'd' is the culprit:

In your affiliate.css file, this:
http://www.unl.edu/AIA/sharecode/affiliate_red_head.gif

Should be:
http://www.unl.edu/AIA/sharedcode/affil ... d_head.gif
Brett Bieber
saltybeagle

Postby caggens » Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:33 am

I think this is the second time that I can blame it on that pesky letter d.

Thanks!
caggens

Postby alvin_woon » Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:52 pm

I want to ask a small favor from all affiliate template users to update/edit the wiki page on the affiliate template if you have information or relevant experiences that you think might benefit other template users. Obviously Brett and I try to document as much as we can think of but it's easy for something trivial to slip off our mind.

Hopefully with a more detailed wiki information, we can reduce the amount of support on the bulletin board.

The same goes to every other WDNs' wiki pages.

Thanks!
alvin_woon
Site Admin

A Suggestion to the Affiliated Template

Postby mmesarch1 » Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:07 pm

HI,
To reduce the steps that people need to take and to clean up the Wiki...
To make this work we have to modify the template for the affiliate.css and the affiliate.shtml You have suggested we put a copy of each of these files in our sites "sharedcode" folder. Why not in the original affiliate template file don't you change the code to reflect this move in the first place. That way when each person downloads the new template file they do not have to make this modification. They will still have to download the .css and .shtml file and modify them.

I know it kind of forces the user to place these files in the "sharedcode", but it will be one less change that will have to be descibed and everyone will need to have a sharedcode folder anyways for the navigation file.

This will also streamline the wiki entry.

Just a thought.
mmesarch1

Postby alvin_woon » Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:43 am

It is not possible to put the affiliate css and other related files in the default template folder because when you sync/update the folder, everything will be overwrote and replaced with the latest default affiliate css and shtml.
alvin_woon
Site Admin

Local Sharedcode folder

Postby mmesarch1 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:05 pm

I thought we were to put the afiliate css and related files in our local version of the sharedcode folder its not in the folder(s) that are updated regularly. Did I missunderstand where we were to put the files?
mmesarch1

Postby alvin_woon » Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:49 am

hmm, i guess i dont understand your question correctly then. Nvm. You're right about the sharedcode folders. That's where the css and html files should be in.
alvin_woon
Site Admin

affiliate pages

Postby RuthAnn Royer » Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:19 pm

I am getting along fine with the pages I have been working on so far, but will need a liquid template for a couple dozen pages of tables. Do you have any idea when that will be available? Or, is this something I should try to cobble together?

Thanks for any input.

RuthAnn
RuthAnn Royer

Postby saltybeagle » Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:25 pm

. . . liquid template . . . Do you have any idea when that will be available? Or, is this something I should try to cobble together?

If you could try cobbling something together and posting back here that would be great.... I would start by copying the affiliate.dwt to affiliate_liquid.dwt.

Within the new file affiliate_liquid.dwt, either change the body id to liquid, or add class="liquid" to the body tag.

(You can thank Alvin Woon for how easy it is to switch between the various layouts).

Good luck.
Brett Bieber
saltybeagle

Postby RuthAnn Royer » Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:40 pm

Thats fine, I'm willing to do it, but it may be several weeks. I want to get our regular pages done, before I start meddling with the wider ones.

RuthAnn
RuthAnn Royer

Trying to create liquid page.

Postby mmesarch1 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:13 am

If you could try cobbling something together and posting back here that would be great.... I would start by copying the affiliate.dwt to affiliate_liquid.dwt.

Within the new file affiliate_liquid.dwt, either change the body id to liquid, or add class="liquid" to the body tag.

I followed the first step and tried both of the ideas for the second step. I now have the scroll bar across the bottom so that I can see all the page, but the banner across the top and the bottoms are cut off. This is true of both possibilities for the second step. I cannot seem to find where the banner width is defined. (http://snr.unl.edu:9112/Fire/wildfirebycause.asp)
mmesarch1

Postby alvin_woon » Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:04 am

thank you Mark for updating the wiki :)
alvin_woon
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Help & Assistance