Pop up template affiliate logo

A place to ask questions and get help. Be the first on your block to post ...

Pop up template affiliate logo

Postby alvin_woon » Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:04 pm

Someone (sorry i never got your name :( ) mentioned to me on our last WDN meeting about the lack of customization on the N logo in the affiliate pop up template.

The problem has been fixed. Put your new mini pop up logo in the same directory as the main logo. The dimension of the logo is 50x50 and save it under the file name 'affiliate_popup.gif'

Thanks for the bug report.
alvin_woon
Site Admin

Pop Up Logo

Postby mmesarch1 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:58 am

Hi,
Alvin that was me, Mark Mesarch.
Thanks, but I am not getting it to work.

In the Wiki it says that we can put the image in the sharedcode folder or a folder of our own choice such as the graphics folder, then we have to tell the affiliate.shtml where to find that main logo file.

I chose to put mine in the graphics folder.

I tried putting my small logo for the popup (affiliate_popup.gif) in the sharedcoded folder and the graphics folder, but neither seemed to work.

I also tried to create a popup template for the affiliate so that I would get the correct bands of color that other pages are using and that didn't seem to work either. If you go to http://snr.unl.edu:9112/ForestHealth/fh ... rgreen.asp and click on the aphids image it goes to a page where I tried the affiliated template and if you click on any other image it goes to the original popup templates that I thought maybe the new logo would go to.

Thanks for the help.
mmesarch1

Postby alvin_woon » Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:49 am

hi Mark,

I have checked your site and it doesn't appear that you have updated your template dependents folder.

Try that and let me know if it still doesn't solve the problem for you.
alvin_woon
Site Admin

Postby alvin_woon » Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:52 pm

Opps. i just realized affiliate.css resides in your sharedcode folder and thus wont be affected by the auto-update set up for templatedependents folder. (thanks for the tip, Mark).

Another way to do this is to add this additonal code in your affiliate.css

Code: Select all
body#popup #header a{background:url(/ucomm/templatedependents/templatecss/images/affiliate_popup.gif) no-repeat;}

The code itself is pretty self explanatory. Let me know if there's any problems.
alvin_woon
Site Admin

Pop Logo

Postby mmesarch1 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:32 pm

HI,
Ok I finally got it to work. I really had to start with a new popup page it all seems to work.

I updated the WIKI.

Are you going to update the file that contains the PSD files to include the small logo file. ?ftp://wdn:1869@ucommdev.unl.edu/image_templates/affpsds.zip.

Thanks.
mmesarch1

Return to Help & Assistance