Breadcrumbs

A place to ask questions and get help. Be the first on your block to post ...

Breadcrumbs

Postby mmesarch1 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:40 pm

Was trying to develop a style book for another nonUNL website and we were addressing how breadcrumbs are used.
So I looked at the UNL templates and numerous sites that have made the switch to the new template. I saw several different ways they were being used. I also looked in the UNL template Style book and I did not see this issue addressed for a standard use.

What should be the last item in the breadcrumb list? Should it be the current page or should be the page that you just came from (in the design organization)?
If it is the current page should it be a link?

Thanks.
Mark
mmesarch1

Postby nwiest » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:08 pm

You should use the current page as the last one in the breadcrumb list but it should not be a link, it just lets them know what page they are on in the breadcrumb organization and where they came from.

Ultimately it doesn't really matter for your own website, it is your choice, but that is the general idea behind the breadcrumbs.
nwiest

Thanks

Postby mmesarch1 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:17 pm

Thanks,
That's what I thought to do, but was not sure what the standard was.
Mark
mmesarch1

Postby nhummel » Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:11 pm

You should use the current page as the last one in the breadcrumb list but it should not be a link, it just lets them know what page they are on in the breadcrumb organization and where they came from.

That's what I have on what will be our new site.

Ned
Ned W. Hummel
Department of Mathematics
nhummel

Return to Help & Assistance