Navigation bar

A place to ask questions and get help. Be the first on your block to post ...

Navigation bar

Postby nwiest » Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:57 am

Is there an easy way to make it so that the navigation bar on the side displays all possible pages without having to click the "more..." link. I would like to remove that from a couple of my navigation lists as it really is not necessary.
nwiest

Postby saltybeagle » Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:27 am

There isn't a way which the WDN would provide to show all the links at once.

This topic was discussed quite heavily before we arrived at the current design. Here are some of the topics discussed - and reasoning behind why the WDN decided to go with this design:
If you have more than 5, the navigation gets trimmed to 5 to provide an evenly distributed left hand navigation.
With an unrestricted amount of subordinate (second level) navigation, some navigation might be pushed 'below the fold.'
The idea was to give the users a hint at the sections which are beneath the primary section of the website.
And for some, this limit has given them a reason to seriously look at their site's navigation and redevelop it so their site is better organized and doesn't provide an onslaught of links to the user.
Brett Bieber
saltybeagle

Postby nwiest » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:51 am

Ok, that is fine. Just wondering. It just so happens all of mine have 6 links, just my luck. I really don't want to break it down anymore though because there isn't much to break down. Thanks for the information.
nwiest

Return to Help & Assistance