Seeking QA clarification

A place to ask questions and get help. Be the first on your block to post ...

Seeking QA clarification

Postby Erin Paseka » Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:08 pm

QA doesn't seem to have a point-person or attribute comments to anyone in particular, so what's the best way to get clarifications?

I got this for http://www.unl.edu/summerprogram and have no idea what they're talking about, since I've applied no styles to subheads on any of my 3 sites and I didn't get a comment like this for either of the others. The Style Book offers no clues.

Checkpoint 2.3 | Subhead - We recommend using title style for the subhead/tagline. This may be required in the future.
Erin Paseka

Postby saltybeagle » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:12 pm

aha... I think what they meant was just the uppercase first letters on the subhead/tagline -

"Your exclusive preview of graduate school"

would be

"Your Exclusive Preview of Graduate School"
Brett Bieber
saltybeagle

Re: Seeking QA clarification

Postby nhummel » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:47 pm

QA doesn't seem to have a point-person or attribute comments to anyone in particular, so what's the best way to get clarifications?

That's not a bad idea.

Brett, I know I haven't thought to hard about it, but what would we be looking at to get something like the bullitn board system that emails you when there has been a follow-up to a post?

Ned
Ned W. Hummel
Department of Mathematics
nhummel

Postby saltybeagle » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:55 pm

This is a good question Erin. Any suggestions!? I definitely don't want to be that person. :-p

Brett, I know I haven't thought to hard about it, but what would we be looking at to get something like the bullitn board system that emails you when there has been a follow-up to a post?

Yes, Erin+Ned these are good ideas. It would be really handy to contact the QA review team directly to get more information from them.

The QA committee members that review each site are stored in the WDN Registry --- so in effect the data could be used for contacting the review team that checked your site. I'm just not too excited about maintaining a mail server just for this purpose... I set up a gmail account unlwdn at gmail .... anyone with clever ideas on how a user can respond to the QA committee which reviewed their site?
Brett Bieber
saltybeagle

Postby saltybeagle » Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:00 pm

oh, another thing .... one of the problems is, I think it should be anonymous who reviewed your site. That's why I'm against putting the review team members in the QA report email.
Brett Bieber
saltybeagle

Postby Erin Paseka » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:56 pm

Aha, simply the "style" of capitalization used in titles... if I hadn't been doing so much CSS lately, I probably wouldn't have misinterpreted that. D'oh.
Erin Paseka

Postby nhummel » Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:58 pm

oh, another thing .... one of the problems is, I think it should be anonymous who reviewed your site. That's why I'm against putting the review team members in the QA report email.

I would agree, being anonymous is a good thing.

I have a two hour drive to think about things, but there should be away for the registered developer of a site to ask a question to the review team and the review team be able to answer, all while staying anonymous.

All the needed info is stored in the database, I just need to figure a way to make things work.

Ned
Ned W. Hummel
Department of Mathematics
nhummel

Return to Help & Assistance