Browsers

A place to ask questions and get help. Be the first on your block to post ...

Browsers

Postby nwiest » Tue May 15, 2007 12:54 pm

We are having random browser problems with the biosci website http://biosci.unl.edu - not sure why. With IE 7 the top part with the N logo and search seem to get completely messed up and then in Opera the navigation bar gets distorted. Firefox will work most of the time but I have had a few issues with the top part on it as well. I haven't tested it with Safari yet, but I'm sure I will have similar issues. Can anyone tell me what the problem might be or point me to where you have already discussed this (which I'm sure you have since it's a normal problem). Thanks!
nwiest

Postby saltybeagle » Tue May 15, 2007 2:33 pm

It looks like your templatedependents are about 9 months old.

See the wiki documentation for information on how to update them - http://www1.unl.edu/wdn/wiki/Mirroring_ ... late_Files

Hopefully that will fix everything.
Brett Bieber
saltybeagle

Postby nhummel » Wed May 16, 2007 11:22 pm

It also looks like you have some html errors. See the following link for an error report: validator.unl.edu

If you use firefox for doing development, there are some extentions that a number of us find useful:
firebug
link checker
web developer
html validator with tidy

Ned
Ned W. Hummel
Department of Mathematics
nhummel

Postby nwiest » Wed May 30, 2007 1:06 pm

Yeah I know there are some HTML errors, but I am more worried about making sure the templates are correct first. Thanks for both of your suggestions. The updating of templatedependants helped out, but caused some more fun problems, so now I get to work on that.
nwiest

Return to Help & Assistance