New version of Dreamweaver

A place to ask questions and get help. Be the first on your block to post ...

New version of Dreamweaver

Postby mmesarch1 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:12 pm

Hi,
Two questions about the newer version of Dreamweaver.
1) We we were using the older UNL templates and we had two people working on the same website each person had to have the same version of Dreamweaver. This was also back with Dreamweaver MX and ver 8. I can remember a situations where someone that edited pages in MX rendered them uneditable by the person using vr8. It may have been the reverse direction instead or too. I cannot remember. That was eons ago.

But the long and short of it is, we have a person who has the newest version of Dreamweaver (CS3 or something like that) who works on the same site as a person that works on it with Dreamweaver vr8. Does anyone know if there are any incaptabilities???

2) The person working with the new version of Dreamweaver (CS3 I think) When she opens any of the pages in the template to edit, the main content area is now located at the very bottom of the page and not in its correct location along side the navigation just under the the college navigation section. But when it goes to the server and is displayed on the web, it looks fine. Its more an irritation than anything else. Does anyone know a fix to this?

Thanks.
mmesarch1

Postby bbieber2 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:53 am

I don't know of any problems using different versions of dreamweaver on the same site.

There were some rendering issues with Dreamweaver CS3... but those should be corrected with an updated copy of the templatedependents (newer than Nov 2007).

I would try grabbing the latest files from ftp://wdn:1869@ucommdev.unl.edu/ to see if that corrects the layout issues.
bbieber2

Return to Help & Assistance