Vertical fit issue with liquid-width v59

A place to ask questions and get help. Be the first on your block to post ...

Vertical fit issue with liquid-width v59

Postby Erin Paseka » Mon Jul 26, 2004 3:01 pm

I recently discovered that the liquid-width code I used to build most of the new Graduate Studies site (still a work in progress) is already 5 codebase versions out of date. I downloaded the newest code and now I'm trying to get it all set up properly within my site so that I can use copies of it and to redo all of the liquid-width pages I've made.

My problem is a minor one: There's a big white gap between the bottom of my page content and the top of the footer. (Example: http://www.unl.edu/gradstudies/2004grad ... -v59.shtml ) It doesn't interfere with site functions; it merely looks odd. I haven't messed with the table tags, so I don't think I've caused this. Is this just the way this codebase (v59) lays out a page, or is there something simple I can do to improve the vertical fit?

Erin
Erin Paseka

height on page

Postby saltybeagle » Tue Jul 27, 2004 9:08 am

Yeah, that's how that template is constructed.... and I think the minimum height is a good idea for the most part.

The culprit is in the code for the sidebar:
Code: Select all
<td style="width:113px; height:806px;" class="zensidenav">

Feel free to take it down some... I'll change the template to be somewhere in the 600 range, because 800 is a little much.

But it must be at LEAST 450px for the layout to work... (this ensures the body content is as long as the right sidebar image).... so as long as it's above that number you'll be fine.
:D
Brett Bieber
saltybeagle

It worked

Postby Erin Paseka » Thu Jul 29, 2004 9:53 am

Thanks!
Erin Paseka

Return to Help & Assistance