Counters

A place to ask questions and get help. Be the first on your block to post ...

Counters

Postby meem » Thu Oct 21, 2004 2:11 pm

We have webpages for programs and grants that have been converted to the new template. I understand that the old Nedstat counters that we had previously, doesn't work with the new template. However, it is important to some of our faculty members to have counters, like they used to have. I have explained that this is not a good source for "bragging rights" nor is it particularly reliable. I can see, however, if they want to see if their newly created site is getting visited, and more importantly, if the number of hits increasing over time. I'm aware that there is a log kept at the UNL server level that we can access, but that involves manually counting lines. Isn't there a better way to satisfy our professors?
Thanks.
meem

Re: Counters

Postby rcrisler1 » Fri Oct 22, 2004 9:15 am

Mimi-

I've asked Mary Lohse at Information Services to send an email your way detailing how to add a counter (this will likely only be directly relevant to sites hosted on the main UNL server, but most servers will be similar) ... I'll post that information here as soon as I get the email, which I've asked Mary to copy.
____

Robert J Crisler
Manager, Internet and Interactive Media
University Communications
321 Canfield Administration Building
University of Nebraska-Lincoln
402-472-9878
rcrisler1
Site Admin

Return to Help & Assistance