Applying a modified template to entire site in Dreamweaver

A place to ask questions and get help. Be the first on your block to post ...

Applying a modified template to entire site in Dreamweaver

Postby mmesarch1 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:57 am

HI,
I am using Dreamweaver CS5.
I have created a modified template for an affiliated site based on the currently available affiliate UNL template. (The modified parts are in the non editable areas of the template such as the banner image.) I want to apply this new template to all the existing webpages in a selected folder. Can do this to all the pages at one time or do I have to apply the updated template to all pages individually? I know how to do the latter. I cannot seem to find how to do the former.
Thanks.
mmesarch1

Re: Applying a modified template to entire site in Dreamweav

Postby kabel2 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:41 pm

The former is not currently possible in Dreamweaver. "Applying" a template to a page must be done individually. "Updating" is the only thing that can be done in batch.
kabel2

Re: Applying a modified template to entire site in Dreamweav

Postby saltybeagle » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:27 pm

Actually, by using some site-wide search and replace techniques, you can accomplish this.

Search within your templated pages for the old template filename, and replace it with the new template filename. Then run update pages.

For example, search for:
Code: Select all
<!-- InstanceBegin template="/Templates/theold.dwt" codeOutsideHTMLIsLocked="false" -->

And replace with:
Code: Select all
<!-- InstanceBegin template="/Templates/thenew.dwt" codeOutsideHTMLIsLocked="false" -->
Brett Bieber
saltybeagle

Return to Help & Assistance