Multiple Home and Contrast Icons (IIS 6) - Solutions?

A place to ask questions and get help. Be the first on your block to post ...

Multiple Home and Contrast Icons (IIS 6) - Solutions?

Postby djackson » Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:56 am

Are there some solutions for the multiple Home and Contrast adjustment icons that appear in the side footer when using IIS?

D. Jackson
djackson

Postby saltybeagle » Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:05 pm

I see what you're referring to...

I believe we had asp variants for the old table-based layouts, but I realized we were still missing some for the css templates. So, I've finished making asp variants of all the necessary includes (sidefooter.asp, csscontrastselect.asp and toolbar.asp).

You can download the asp variants from the devgroup ftp site under 'templatedependents' in their respective directories.... or wait until your files get synchronized nightly (as they should be).

All you should have to do is change the references in the source code to use the asp versions, and switch your page's extension from .shtml to .asp.

With the new Dreamweaver templates some of that code is not marked as editable, so we may have to make some asp versions of the templates as well - similar to the php variants. Fortunately switching pages between different templates is a painless process...

Hope this all makes sense, I'll get started making asp versions of the templates... and post here when they're downloadable with the cssunltemplates.zip file.

-b
Brett Bieber
saltybeagle

Postby saltybeagle » Mon May 23, 2005 10:15 am

I'll change the asp templates to refer to the correct includes... thanks for the note.

As far as the errors, we've determined that there is a parsing bug within dreamweaver that causes those errors to show up. Strangely though, some users see the error, some do not.

It's safe to ignore those errors --- and if you're ever asked something like, 'You have made changes to code outside the regions marked as editable. Do you wish to keep the changes you've made.' choose Yes and save your file. If you're afraid that you have indeed made changes and want to correct those you can close your files and run Modify>Templates>Update Pages... which will restore the code outside the editable regions.

Here's some more info Mark Hiatt wrote up on those errors:

Note: You may receive warnings from Dreamweaver when selecting a new Template design. These typically alert you to mis-matched tag pairings. If you examine the markup in the generated file, however, you'll see that there are no un-matched tags. The same is true for the actual Dreamweaver Template file on which your newly created page is basedÑif you examine the markup there, and believe as we have, you'll find no error. The template file validates. The page it creates validates, too. If you receive such a warning, don't be alarmed. Just click Continue andÉ well, continue.
Brett Bieber
saltybeagle

Return to Help & Assistance