Questions

Notes on the visual redesign process

Questions

Postby dsockrider » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:51 pm

1. In G-Forge, Seth Meranda says, "Footer discussion, four columns will be required (no longer optional). "
4 Columns required? I assumed we could span 1-4 columns for photos or text content, what exactly does, "four columns will be required" mean?

2. Do we have code for the columns yet?

3. In the first releases 'Your Feedback' was the calendar. It appears the calendar has been removed. Will the calendar be relocated or is 'Your Feedback' determined to be more important than the calendar?

4. I entered ...2 G Forge bugs...
4a. is text in tables falls to bottom regardless of align tags,
4b. I validate my page and get, "Error Line 731: Premature end of data in tag html line 3
<!-- InstanceEnd --></html>…"
Do I need to fix this or is this a template fix. I have no idea what that error is or how to fix it.
dsockrider

Re: Questions

Postby smeranda » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:05 pm

dsockrider wrote:1. In G-Forge, Seth Meranda says, "Footer discussion, four columns will be required (no longer optional). "
4 Columns required? I assumed we could span 1-4 columns for photos or text content, what exactly does, "four columns will be required" mean?

This refers to the footer, four columns in the footer is the new standard.

dsockrider wrote:2. Do we have code for the columns yet?

They use the same classes as used previously. Three and four column classes have been added: .three_col and .four_col.

dsockrider wrote:3. In the first releases 'Your Feedback' was the calendar. It appears the calendar has been removed. Will the calendar be relocated or is 'Your Feedback' determined to be more important than the calendar?

This column is reserved for 'Your Feedback.' The main content area is available for calendar widgets. Work is being done to include local calendars in the events modal box as well (when the icon at the top is clicked). You can see this in the latest code release.

dsockrider wrote:4. I entered ...2 G Forge bugs...
4a. is text in tables falls to bottom regardless of align tags,
4b. I validate my page and get, "Error Line 731: Premature end of data in tag html line 3
<InstanceEnd></html>…"
Do I need to fix this or is this a template fix. I have no idea what that error is or how to fix it.

Discussion revolving around submitted bugs will take place in the Bug submission tracker.
Seth Meranda
User Experience Architect
University Communications
(402) 472-8513
seth@unl.edu
smeranda

Return to Visual Redesign