CSS: Need to suppress image border on img over img

Notes on the visual redesign process

CSS: Need to suppress image border on img over img

Postby Erin Paseka » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:19 pm

That image border is cool and all, with its rounded corners and everything, but sometimes it's showing up where it's not wanted.

Example: http://www.unl.edu/gradstudies/beta2009/prospective/
Should look more like this: http://www.unl.edu/gradstudies/prospective/

How can I keep the border on the photo but lose the border on the pngs that I want "floating" on top of it?

It may seem weird that I have all these floaty pngs inside the photo's <div class="image_...">, but that's the only way I was ever able to get them to the right x,y location without the z-dimension putting them under the photo, invisible.
Erin Paseka

Postby saltybeagle » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:25 am

Hey Erin,

Do you have a page in the current templates using this? If so, I can try and get it to function similarly to ensure others aren't affected in the same way.

If this new development, you can simply add class="frame" to just the img tag you want the frame on, and remove the image_ class on the parent div.
Brett Bieber
saltybeagle

Postby Erin Paseka » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:44 pm

Yes, my "should look like this" link above is a live '06-template version of the page.

I got my '09 template version of the page straightened out. Had to use class="frame" and then put the HTML for the floaty pngs *before* the HTML for the framed base image. I think this '09 method is cleaner.
Erin Paseka

Postby saltybeagle » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:59 am

Totally missed your original link Erin, I've changed the css to only apply the border to the div instead of the img inside the div. Hopefully this will prevent any other unexpected borders when pages are converted.

Thanks for also posting the workaround of using class=frame.
Brett Bieber
saltybeagle

Return to Visual Redesign