H2 not displaying in new template

Notes on the visual redesign process

H2 not displaying in new template

Postby caggens » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:46 am

After updating to the new templates, the H2 (previously pithy statement, now page title) does not display. How do I get it back?

http://aah-caggens.unl.edu/testart/index.shtml
caggens

Postby Erin Paseka » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:47 pm

I noticed that too... they've tweaked the shared CSS to make h2s not display in the title area.

A couple days ago I posted asking whether those page title h2s should be in titlegraphic or maincontentarea, so I guess suppressing them from titlegraphic is a minimalist way of answering that they belong in maincontentarea.
Erin Paseka

Postby acoleman » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:19 pm

Apologies for the non-answer on this one. There is some discussion about whether the h2s should still be in the titlegraphic area or moved to the maincontent. We should have a definitive answer on Monday.
acoleman

Postby caggens » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:32 pm

That's irritating. Does the style book committee vote on this issue mean anything?
caggens

Postby acoleman » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:11 am

The Style Book vote definitely meant something, it was just a question of where the page title should be located in the actual code.

As Brett mentions in this thread, there is now a new region titled "pagetitle" where the <h2> can be relocated.

It was decided to go this route because most people already had their page titles in their maincontent area, whereas the h2 in the titlegraphic div was used for the short promotional wording.

There will be changes for most people regardless, but by hiding the one region it at least should make for more consistency across sites if people don't have the chance to get their page titles transitioned into the new area by the go-live date.

Hopefully that makes sense.
acoleman

Return to Visual Redesign