From the NAGAP Winter Conference

When your good work, or the work of all of us, gets noticed, file a report here.

From the NAGAP Winter Conference

Postby rcrisler1 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:26 pm

Michelle Howell Smith of Grad Studies sent this along ...

---

Congratulations to Erin Paseka, the Recruitment Team and the Web Developers Network on designing what one of the presenters at the NAGAP Winter Institute (attended by Michelle) called a PHENOMENAL Web Site. It was shown as an example site to all of the participants and the presenter was very complimentary of several of the unique features of our site. He particularly liked the pop-up explanations on the application, the ease of navigation and multiple "Apply Now" buttons. Of course he did have a few tips on how we can improve, but it was quite a compliment to be noticed! Keep up the good work everyone.

The presenter was Peter Lindberg from All Star Directories. He showed a template from another school that took up 3/4 of a page as a not-good example, but then he ran out of time.
____

Robert J Crisler
Manager, Internet and Interactive Media
University Communications
321 Canfield Administration Building
University of Nebraska-Lincoln
402-472-9878
rcrisler1
Site Admin

Re: From the NAGAP Winter Conference

Postby nhummel » Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:22 pm

Of course he did have a few tips on how we can improve,

Like what?

Ned
Ned W. Hummel
Department of Mathematics
nhummel

Postby Erin Paseka » Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:11 pm

That was my immediate question too!

Michelle's reply: "His one comment was that you had to dig deep for our personality. Renee and I have been talking about adding a bit of text to our list of links, which I think will help that. He loved the template, the navigation and the content. I told him about our html conversion project [replacing some informational PDFs with more browser-friendly web equivalents] and he is excited to see it once we are live."

I was hoping for something a little more concrete and less squishy than "personality", but feedback is feedback.
Erin Paseka

Return to Anecdotal Evidence