The local site search feature which we have used in the past needs to be re-written.
The system we have in place would accept a Google Search API key, and the site url and provide custom search results like the following: http://ucommxsrv1.unl.edu/search/index. ... ubmit&d=10
The problem is that Google is not issuing any new SOAP api keys, and they are recommending users move to their AJAX search implementation.
I see a couple of options -
Look into the Google AJAX search results to see if it will accommodate our needs.
Or we switch our custom site search interface over to Yahoo.
No local site search interfaces will be handed out by me until this problem is solved - suggestions are welcome.