October 2007

Minutes from the Monthly Tues at 2:00 PM meetings in the Nebraska Union, and comments related to items discussed during the meetings.

October 2007

Postby saltybeagle » Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:00 pm

I haven't done minutes in a while - please accept my apologies. This months meeting covered quite a few topics. Here's what I can recall.

Bob Crisler talked about video and audio formats. See the WDN Wiki for the latest format recommendations.

iTunes U is underway at UNL. Right now we're gathering content in advance of a public announcement of the site's availability. If you have a video or audio podcast you would like to add, please contact Brett Bieber.

Ryan Lim from the Center for Children Families and the Law demo'd their single sign-on implementation. Single sign on allows end users to authenticate once, and access other web applications without re-authenticating. Their system utilizes the JA-SIG Central Authentication Service, which is also used by many universities.

Brett Bieber demo'd an open source project called Gallery. The WDN has developed a theme which can style this open source application within the templates very easily see a demo of it here. Contact Brett Bieber if you're interested in utilizing this theme or the development of the templates within Gallery.
Brett Bieber
saltybeagle

Return to Meeting Minutes