So for those of us with sites on Frontier, it sounds like we should plan to do something like this:
Any time between June 9 and August 17:
1. Make a subdirectory (something like http://www.unl.edu/mysite/2009beta
), put a copy of your entire site in it, and define it as a separate site in Dreamweaver.
2. Get the latest beta templates and update templates across your whole beta site.
3. In your beta site, create your new sharedcode components (navigation, footer, etc.).
4. In your beta site, change every page for new width, new styles, etc.
5. If changing any content on live site, duplicate change on beta site.
Closer to August 17th:
1. Get the latest version of the templates; update across your beta site; make sure things still look OK.
On August 17th:
1. Wait for word from UComm, then cross your fingers and swap the contents of your live site with your beta site.
Does that sound about right?