WDN Registration System

Discussions pertaining to programming of backend systems and released UNL template code.

WDN Registration System

Postby saltybeagle » Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:23 am

Hey folks... please try out the registration system and note any suggestions/feature requests here.

http://www1.unl.edu/wdn/
Brett Bieber
saltybeagle

Postby Erin Paseka » Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:42 pm

I'm a little confused by the fact that I seem to have 2 types of sites that are listed differently: one you added (/gradstudies/) and two I added (/mcnair/ and /summerprogram/). Why do they have different things under Progress?

The one you added has a "Report Status" link. If I click this, is it an action or a view, a verb or a noun? "Report status to QA group so they'll review it"? "View status of QA group's report on this site"?

The two I added have an "x% Complete" item that changes from pink to green if I claim 100% completion. When set to 100%, does the site automatically go to the QA group for review?

Also, this is probably a bug: When I click Edit for a site, the grey-bordered heading boxes have strange content like "##, epaseka2, ###, developer".
Erin Paseka

Postby saltybeagle » Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:09 pm

Hey Erin,

I've added 3 fixes -
Fix wording for non-reported sites - "Report Site Status"
Fix form headers for subforms "Role" and "Self Assessment of Progress"
Add note about 100% will add site to the QA queue

Right now you lose everything you enter on the add site form if the site is already in the system. :-/
I'll have to look at a better way of handling sites which are already in the system but have no status reported, to prevent users losing data they entered in.

Thanks for noting the problems you found... let me know if you find more.
Brett Bieber
saltybeagle

Can't Log in to reg.

Postby atitus » Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:37 pm

I have tried to log on to the WDN Registry and it will not except my blackboard user/pass. i checked them and I am able to log into my.unl just fine but not here. Any suggestions???
atitus

Postby saltybeagle » Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:59 pm

Password changes take a while to get synchronized between the two systems (Blackboard and the LDAP directory) --- so this may be the cause.
Brett Bieber
saltybeagle

Postby caggens » Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:53 pm

How did http://ntc-newtemplate.servequake.com/ get registered under my name?
caggens

Postby caggens » Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:59 pm

Hey Brett,

Should I register and submit a test site when it is ready, or wait until August 17th and submit the actual site?[/i]
caggens

Postby saltybeagle » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:31 am

You can register and submit your test site right away if you're ready. The ntc test site appears to be in the QA Queue ready for review so that may be where you're seeing that. If you were on the QA team at one point you may have access to view the queue of sites. I think this Friday we'll review http://wdn.unl.edu/ and any other sites that are ready to go.

Great to see some test sites going up. I believe we're also planning on some all-hands-on-deck help hours the week before the 17th where anyone can drop by and get some last-minute help. Details will be announced at the next WDN meeting.
Brett Bieber
saltybeagle

Postby tsteiner » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:55 am

On the My Sites page, when I click the the link that is on the number of comments a site has, I am redirected to the root wdn page.

ie: I click on http://www1.unl.edu/comments/feed/?base ... q.unl.edu/ and end up at http://www1.unl.edu/wdn/

The behavior is the same in FF 3.5, Safari 4, and IE 8
tsteiner

Postby saltybeagle » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:13 pm

On the My Sites page, when I click the the link that is on the number of comments a site has, I am redirected to the root wdn page.

The rss feeds for individual sites have been fixed. There's more work yet to do, but eventually devs should be able to subscribe to the rss feeds from your feed reader.

The code is in the its-gforge repository as the UNL_WDN_Comments and UNL_WDN projects if anyone is interested in that feature and would like to help out.
Brett Bieber
saltybeagle

Incorrect "developer"

Postby smattson3 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:20 am

I have tried to get ahold of people to find the answer to this and no one will get back to me. I have 10 sites. A few of them have the incorrect developer. The old developer is a student full time now and is still getting all the emails. She requested I remove her, but no one will tell me how to change it so that I am the developer and not her?
Thanks
Sara
smattson3

Postby saltybeagle » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:24 am

Hi Sara,

If you send me the URLs for the sites and the correct usernames for the developers, I can make the changes for you.

brett.bieber@gmail.com
Brett Bieber
saltybeagle

Return to Coding