Tabs and Images in IE 7

Notes on the visual redesign process

Tabs and Images in IE 7

Postby mmesarch1 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:23 am

I am having problems with the tabs in IE 7 in the new templates. When I click on a tab the page shift to the appropriate tab content, but not at the top of the content in that tab. Sometime this works and sometimes the page displays at the bottom of the content. IT seems to work in Firefox, but not in IE.

For images, the align attribute does not seem to be working properly. I am trying to use a align="right". The image still stays on the left in IE 7. In Firefox it seems to work fine. The only way I seem to be able to right align an image is put it inside a table and right align the table.

Just for context. 78% of my traffic browses my site with IE.

Can any one help with this fixs?
mmesarch1

Postby CanadianSuperSpy » Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:54 pm

Can you post a url to the page you are working on.
CanadianSuperSpy

IE 7 and Tabs/Images

Postby mmesarch1 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:18 am

http://snr.unl.edu:9998/agmet/instrumen ... -short.asp

Look at the Instrument tab for the right alignment issue
Look at the the later tabs for the screen placement problem.
mmesarch1

Re: Tabs and Images in IE 7

Postby smeranda » Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:43 pm

mmesarch1 wrote:I am having problems with the tabs in IE 7 in the new templates. When I click on a tab the page shift to the appropriate tab content, but not at the top of the content in that tab. Sometime this works and sometimes the page displays at the bottom of the content. IT seems to work in Firefox, but not in IE.

It looks as thought IE7 handles the window.location.hash differently than all the other browsers, including IE8. I'm not sure the fix, but I'll look into it.

mmesarch1 wrote:For images, the align attribute does not seem to be working properly. I am trying to use a align="right". The image still stays on the left in IE 7. In Firefox it seems to work fine. The only way I seem to be able to right align an image is put it inside a table and right align the table.

You could try:
Code: Select all
style="float:right;"
Seth Meranda
User Experience Architect
University Communications
(402) 472-8513
seth@unl.edu
smeranda

Return to Visual Redesign