Carousel

A place to ask questions and get help. Be the first on your block to post ...

Carousel

Postby afrederick1 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:39 pm

The carousel plugin shows different thumbnails in different browsers. In Firefox, it gives proper thumbnails -- tiny versions of the images. In IE, the thumbnails are just the top left-most corner of the images.

Although... In a way the IE versions are more usable, as in Firefox the busy-ness of the shrunk down images makes it difficult to see the slide number.

http://scimath.unl.edu/csmce/index.php
afrederick1

Postby kabel2 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:25 pm

That's correct. IE does not support the latest CSS3 properties to display full thumbnails like Firefox, Safari, and Chrome can support.

As far as the "usability" of the thumbnails goes, if you want to display a thumbnail of the image, using a clipped version of the original seems like a waste of space/bandwidth. At any rate, this feature is still being tested.
kabel2

Postby afranco2 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:01 pm

Speaking of the carousel...

I'm using tabs on a page, and I'd like to have two carousels, except on different tabs. However there's some issue with having more than one carousel on a page where the first one works, but with a duplicate row of thumbnails, and the second shows up just as a series of photos. I tried giving the second one a unique id, but that didn't help any.

I'm no programmer, so I may be missing something obvious... :? Any ideas?
afranco2

Postby smeranda » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:52 am

afranco2 wrote:I'm using tabs on a page, and I'd like to have two carousels, except on different tabs. However there's some issue with having more than one carousel on a page where the first one works, but with a duplicate row of thumbnails, and the second shows up just as a series of photos. I tried giving the second one a unique id, but that didn't help any.

Unfortunately, the carousel doesn't support more than one on a page at this time. Perhaps down the road, but it would take a major rewrite and, depending on images used, a very powerful client browser!
Seth Meranda
User Experience Architect
University Communications
(402) 472-8513
seth@unl.edu
smeranda

Postby afranco2 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:59 pm

Thanks, Seth. I'll figure something else out for that page.
afranco2

Return to Help & Assistance