Search on m.unl.edu, get results in 2006 template

Share your ideas and comments.

Moderators: rcrisler1, saltybeagle

Search on m.unl.edu, get results in 2006 template

Postby Erin Paseka » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:19 pm

Might want to either update that results page or point the search somewhere else. It's the old template with left-side nav, and the site & page titles are duplicated.

(I'm assuming that it behaves the same in an actual mobile browser. I have no mobile devices and no time to install/learn dev kits so I just went to m.unl.edu on my desktop and made the window small.)
Erin Paseka

Re: Search on m.unl.edu, get results in 2006 template

Postby kabel2 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:59 pm

Erin thanks for trying this out. The only reason you would see the old search page is if your browser has scripts (JavaScript) disabled or blocked. This prevents the new search application from being used.

Rest assured that a typical mobile/desktop browser will see the the search results using the standard search application. Ex: http://www1.unl.edu/search/?q=grad+stud ... mat=mobile
kabel2

Postby Erin Paseka » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:42 pm

Odd. Must be something with the version or setup of some of my browsers. I get results in the correct template when I'm using Opera, Chrome, or Safari, but I get the 2006 template in Firefox and IE, neither of which seems to have any trouble with JS elsewhere.

If you think this is not a problem for actual mobile browsers, I'll take your word for it!
Erin Paseka

Postby kabel2 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:36 pm

Now, more than ever, it is important to make note of the OS (Windows, Mac, iPhone, Android, etc), the browser, AND browser version. When seeing issues. Without that information it will be extremely difficult to recreate your issue on another machine.

So for example, I tested search using Firefox 6 on Mac OS 10.7.
kabel2

Return to Suggestion Box