Why I'm posting under "CMS implementation"

This forum is for Web Developer Network members who are participating in the effort to implement and deploy an open source content management system at UNL.

Why I'm posting under "CMS implementation"

Postby Erin Paseka » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:08 pm

On http://unlcms.unl.edu/ the doomsday clock is ticking away.
The FAQs don't go beyond the "asker has thought about CMS for 30 seconds" level.
The how-to videos cover only the very basic and have no transcripts for skimming.
The Guide covers only a couple narrow topics (so far?).
Asking specific people specific questions isn't really getting me answers (so far?).

I'm going to start posting my CMS issues here on the BB, until/unless somebody suggests a more effective means of communicating and organizing this kind of thing. (I can't hang out in chat. I like the BB for this purpose better than email because I can see what issues/questions others have already had and maybe even resolved--or at least I could back when this BB was getting more posts.)
Erin Paseka

Re: Why I'm posting under "CMS implementation"

Postby Ms. Kalu » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:44 pm

Yes!! I am asking the same questions Erin is. I'm trying to get my site going too. Can some please please answer this?
Ms. Kalu

Re: Why I'm posting under "CMS implementation"

Postby kabel2 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:12 am

The UNLcms project has many support options for getting really specific questions answered. Their site is continually being updated as more information becomes available. However, it is unrealistic that they will be able to address every website concern without first bringing it to their attention.

From their site:
Please check out the resources links on this page, most notably the Frequently Asked Questions and other support options. You may also contact, Todd Jensen, 402-472-0979 or Alfred Stark, 402-472-5615.
kabel2

Return to CMS Implementation