issues w/ grids and window resizing...

Please post your questions, bug reports and experiences (good or bad) here. UNL.edu Platform v 3.1 is scheduled for delivery on March 13, 2012, and to be fully implemented on April 10, 2012.

UNL.edu 3.1 is not a visual redesign. Rather it is a rearchitecting of the codebase to HTML5 standards and responsive web design. It also adds richer support for accessibility, including ARIA landmarks.

The WDN development team is working on documentation, a previewer and other tools to aid in the transition process. If you'd like to help, please post under the "I'll Help" discussion or in the WDN chat.

issues w/ grids and window resizing...

Postby dmerriman2 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:32 am

I have been trying to make sure my pages arrange themselves correctly when I re-size the window, but there are two issues that are causing things not to appear where I want them. I will post pics of the WDN grid example page so you can see what I'm taking about.

The first problem is that some of the "first" grids are jumping out of place on the left INTO the grid above on the right.

The second problem is that I am noticing a empty gap suddenly appearing inside nested grids and all the nested content gets squeezed too small due to it.

jumps.jpg
jumps.jpg (61.1 KiB) Viewed 2454 times
Last edited by dmerriman2 on Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
dmerriman2

Re: issues w/ grids and window resizing...

Postby dmerriman2 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:36 am

gaps.jpg
gaps.jpg (46.32 KiB) Viewed 2453 times
dmerriman2

Re: issues w/ grids and window resizing...

Postby smeranda » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:18 am

Thanks for the feedback! We have an issue open for this bug, and are working on the best solutions. You can follow along at:
https://github.com/unl/wdntemplates/issues/276
Seth Meranda
User Experience Architect
University Communications
(402) 472-8513
seth@unl.edu
smeranda

Return to Spring 2012 UNL.edu Platform 3.1 Revision