3.1 And Colorbox, Datepicker

Please post your questions, bug reports and experiences (good or bad) here. UNL.edu Platform v 3.1 is scheduled for delivery on March 13, 2012, and to be fully implemented on April 10, 2012.

UNL.edu 3.1 is not a visual redesign. Rather it is a rearchitecting of the codebase to HTML5 standards and responsive web design. It also adds richer support for accessibility, including ARIA landmarks.

The WDN development team is working on documentation, a previewer and other tools to aid in the transition process. If you'd like to help, please post under the "I'll Help" discussion or in the WDN chat.

3.1 And Colorbox, Datepicker

Postby mmesarch1 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:17 am

Hi,
Its seems that 3.1 is not working with jquery features like colorbox and datepicker.
http://snr.unl.edu/test/mark.asp
mmesarch1

Re: 3.1 And Colorbox, Datepicker

Postby mmesarch1 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:23 am

OK I found out what was wrong...
Colorboxes
The code for colorboxes has changed. When did this happen? I went back to the examples page (which has been updated to 3.1 examples---Thank youhttp://wdn.unl.edu/wdn/templates_3.1/examples/) and found that the code for colorboxes has changed from the old examples. I am not sure why the old code does not work. But this will mean that you need to change the code on your pages for colorboxes.

Datepicker
The script I had references the specific folder for the templates_3.0 so I had to go in and change that to templates_3.1 and then the function worked. So this will need to be another edit that you will need to make when shifting over to v3.1

Question: Are there other content resources that the code must be changed to work in the 3.1 version?
mmesarch1

Postby smeranda » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:56 am

mmesarch1 wrote:Question: Are there other content resources that the code must be changed to work in the 3.1 version?

Anything you had that mentioned templates_3.0 will need to be changed to reference templates_3.1 to ensure the latest versions. Everything template-wide should be updated, let us know if you find something that isn't.
Seth Meranda
User Experience Architect
University Communications
(402) 472-8513
seth@unl.edu
smeranda

Postby kabel2 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:23 pm

Mark, for the Datepicker loader (or anything that references the 3.0 folder), we have a new function in the WDN namespace that will hopefully "future-proof" changes to the version number. The function name is
Code: Select all
WDN.getTemplateFilePath('...')

For example, to load the base jQuery UI CSS I would use the following
Code: Select all
WDN.loadCSS(WDN.getTemplateFilePath('scripts/plugins/ui/jquery-ui.css'));

Thanks for the notice, and the WIKI has been updated at http://www1.unl.edu/wdn/wiki/JQuery_DatePicker

It's also worth mentioning that jQuery is not loaded by default in the mobile space. Just something to be aware of ;)
kabel2

Return to Spring 2012 UNL.edu Platform 3.1 Revision