MODERN Group

Discussion of plan and activities involved in creating new look and feel for UNL website. Archived Jan. 17, 2007.

Postby zeljka » Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:43 am

How does 2-5 PM tomorrow at CIT conference room at Agriculture Comm Building sound? I reserved it, we have a nice little room, and we can do what we originally anticipated. Are you guys mobile? Or in a mood to travel here? Let me know... If you have anything better, I can easily cancel.

z.
zeljka

Postby zeljka » Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:33 am

There is the map:
http://www.unl.edu/unlpub/tour/unlmaps/ ... ac46.shtml

It is right across Ag Hall, In Agriculture Communications Building.

There is very fancy neighborhood parking in the area (Idylwild street) if you will not use UNL cars. If you will drive UNL vehicles, there is parking right across the Filley Hall and Food Industry Complex.

I am in the basement, room 002, so is the Conference room.
zeljka

Postby sinner » Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:44 pm

I'll be able to make it.
sinner

Postby JRW » Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:54 am

Regarding your post about group design time--this week the only time available for me is tommorow or on Wednesday morning.

Again, I think it's a great design--it does a great job in framing the content. Probably just need to address some of the text style questions that came up regarding SiFR.

Jon
JRW

Postby sinner » Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:04 pm

I'd be up for meeting this week. It'd be good to take what we heard from the meeting Friday and see what needs to be done next.

I could possibly meet Wed. morning, but would have to reschedule a meeting. Otherwise I can meet Wednesday at 3:30, Thursday morning, or any time on Friday.

And Aaron, thanks for your work on the design. Yeah, we primarily used your design, but I think it most closely fit into what we were all talking about as a group. No point in reinventing the wheel so to speak.

- Melissa
sinner

Postby zeljka » Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:27 pm

i have a meeting on wed at 2, thu at 2:30, first one will take about a hour, second one probably will go all the way to 5 pm. otherwise, open all week.

in regard to aaron's design, there are probably a few things, such as fonts, to alter, and we can play around with some other stuff, sounds good to me, let me know.

z.
zeljka

Postby sinner » Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:47 am

My Tuesday afternoon is booked solid and I can't get out of any of it. All day Friday is free.

Melissa
sinner

Postby saltybeagle » Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:55 am

This afternoon would have to be after 3pm for me.

Friday would work fine.

There are a couple small issues I've noticed... and some things I'm struggling with that I'd like to bring up.

Like, where would our current left and right columns go..? /dev/null?

Breadcrumb placement, colors in the extended tab (have to pass the w3 contrast algorithm)... sizing, the current psd we have needs to be scaled down - I think it's a little wider than 980px.... and really hammer out how the navigation would work (show all sublinks or just some? - including technical feasablility of this). Placement for random photos for departments that 'love' that feature. A couple links are missing in the top nav if you consider UNL's current top level navigation (Visit and News)... let's be prepared for the necessity of more links across the top - we can plead our case for less links, but that is something we can't really control.. I'd just like to be prepared.

And I think it would be good to mock some variations... (horizontal nav for 1), a stripped down version for printing... how this might work in a liquid width?
Brett Bieber
saltybeagle

PreviousNext

Return to ARCHIVED: Next-Generation Redevelopment Group