Another use for sIFR

Share your ideas and comments.

Moderators: rcrisler1, saltybeagle

Another use for sIFR

Postby dsockrider » Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:56 am

I and others have noticed the large amount of various signs, flyers and other print media around campus that are not even close to following university identity standards. (The kind of signs that someone whips up and makes a bunch of copies of, then tape them to walls, windows, etc.)

These signs use every color imaginable, logos are distorted, wrong logos used...etc. I understand the need for various signs of different sizes but I think it'd be nice if they had a consistant appearance and more professional look.

Considering the potential uses of sIFR beyond just titles for the website, I was wondering if it might be possible to create a 'Sign Maker' using sIFR. I'm thinking it'd be nice if there was a standard 8 1/2 X 11 sign template and a couple smaller sizes, that would be customizable using sIFR.

...Just enter the text you want on the sign and it'd dynamicly create the sign via web browser. They could then print it out and it'd look like every other misc. signage on campus, with the proper logo and correct fonts.
dsockrider

Return to Suggestion Box