Event Publishing System

Discussions pertaining to programming of backend systems and released UNL template code.

Event Publishing System

Postby saltybeagle » Tue May 23, 2006 9:56 am

We have developed a questionnaire to be sent out to known event publishers, as well as e-news and posted on UNL Today. This questionnaire will gather input and give us some direction of which features require a higher priority to finish.

We've outlined the basic system that will be built and CIT has given us a CVS server to start working on.

The project, and more information is outlined here:
http://ucommdev.unl.edu/webdev/wiki/ind ... ar_Project

To get CVS access - users need to send their private ssh key to Yoon Wong at CIT.

Our meetings will be Fridays at 2:00 PM in the City Campus Union until further notice... where we will outline the progress and what's left to do. If users have questions in the meantime we're working in

irc.freenode.net #unl_wdn
Brett Bieber
saltybeagle

Postby saltybeagle » Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:53 am

The Friday June 7th meeting, will be in the East Campus Union at 2PM.

A todo list of bugs that need to be implemented in the Event Publishing System are now posted:

Backend Bugs
Public Frontend Bugs
Management Frontend Bugs

If anyone feels like they can tackle any of the bugs... let me know and I'll make sure it's assigned to you.

The CSS Coding for the New templates has been started... if you are interested in helping out, the same rules apply - send a public ssh key to Yoon Wong at CIT and get CVS access. Alvin Woon is coordinating the CSS coding effort. Feel free to contact him if you think you can help.
Brett Bieber
saltybeagle

Current Status

Postby dsockrider » Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:41 pm

There's been some discussion about Calendars and Events lists in our college. Is there anything new to report or actually show the Dean's office staff?
dsockrider

Postby saltybeagle » Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:23 pm

Is there anything new to report or actually show the Dean's office staff?

Nothing new to report... my last email I sent to the coding group still applies:

Event Publisher needs testing, documentation, and bug reports. Please
help out by testing out the alpha state it is in.

Test it out:
Username: test
Password: test
http://ucommbieber.unl.edu/events/manager/

Then see the public frontend:
http://ucommbieber.unl.edu/events/
Brett Bieber
saltybeagle

When

Postby dsockrider » Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:53 am

I had a meeting this morning about events publishing with the Dean's office. When are we going to have a functioning system to use? Should I plan on using this system in the near future or go with a different temporary system?
dsockrider

Postby saltybeagle » Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:18 pm

The completion of events.unl.edu is really dependent on the amount of participation.

Ideally I'd like to get it running by mid-August, but I'm not certain if everything will be completed by then.

I'm not sure how helpful that is, but that's my best guess right now.
Brett Bieber
saltybeagle

Return to Coding