The SiteChecker is a tool that crawls UNL websites and identifies possible issues such as HTML errors and bad links.
Current metrics being gathered (not all are being reported currently)
- HTML errors
- Accessibility Errors
- Framework HTML version
- Framework Dependents (js, css, etc.) version
- Number of primary navigation items
- Pages that use the 2006 (deprecated) layout classes.
- Number of pages on the site
- Old Google Analytics code (non-async and setallowhash)
- 301 links
- 404 links
Application URL: http://validator.unl.edu/site
There are a few restrictions on this service in an effort to increase overall performance.
- It will only run one user-generated test at a time.
- It will only run one automated test at a time.
- Tests are limited to 2 hours.
- Tests are limited to 2,000 pages.
The system is synced with the WDN Registry. At its current rate, every site in the registry should be automatically tested once every month. The results of automated tests are sent via email to team members assigned to the site in the registry.
Information on the API for the service is available here: https://github.com/unl/batchvalidator#api